Bit of a copout post here, but screw it. It’s Friday, and it’s not like my last 10 Friday posts were any better.
For the last few months, I’ve been running something called Recycle Friday, where I give my many new readers the chance to read something from my archives that I thought was pretty timeless. And for the most part, the series was met with a very muted response. When I disclosed the article was recycled at the very beginning, hardly any of you read it. More people read it when I switched the disclosure to the bottom, but still, the concept still wasn’t popular.
So it’s time to do something else.
I have some ideas, including:
- A weekly ripping apart of some blog post that deserves it (although, I’d depend on you guys to send them to me, since my patience for crap is much higher than it used to be).
- A weekly look at some contrarian stock.
- A weekly look at some other type of investment philosophy, like dividend investing or something like that.
- Another staff writer to put their own spin on investing (or a series of guest posts).
- A mailbag (again, dependent on you guys), about everything, not just investing/finance.
- Some sort of user submitted carnival.
- A series that profiles successful investors.
- Life hacks? (If you like that, you’re really going to like Monday’s post)
- Something else? Ideally it would be investing related, since I try to keep the PF stuff here at a minimum.
Personally, I’m partial to the 3rd or the 4th option. Having other opinions here is good, since I generally tend to gloss over stuff like dividends and such. Talking about different kinds of investing could be useful for those of you who are never going to invest in beaten-up micro-caps.
If you guys could let me know in the comments, I’d be mucho grateful. Or if you’d rather send me an email, you can do so at financialuproar [at] gmail [dot] com. This won’t necessarily be a “most votes wins” kind of thing, but rather something that I think is somewhat easily implemented and that people will like.
Or you can just suggest a gallery of bikini clad women.
One more bit of housekeeping before I leave you to the comment section. Vanessa won’t be appearing on Thursdays anymore. You’ll see why in a couple weeks, but for now let’s just say she’s being reassigned. She’s comfortable writing about PF stuff, and Financial Uproar is evolving into a pure investing blog. It’s just not a great fit.
So, I’m looking for a new staff writer for Thursdays. If you’re interested, the details are here. Keep in mind I’m looking for someone with investment knowledge, and really don’t want to host a weekly column on why index investing is the best.
Anyway, comment away. Thanks again.